The name of this diet is pretty self-explanatory, but if you wonder whether you will have to eat only cabbage soups through the course of this diet, the answer is “no”. Indeed, there will be other products that will be allowed through the diet course, yet all of them will contain few fats. That is the reason why the Cabbage Soup Diet is designed to work no more than 7 days, since otherwise it may become life-threatening.
Indeed, there are a large number of people who doubt the effectiveness of the Cabbage Soup Diet. Yet, a lot of people who tried it out reported a significant weight loss of up to 5 kilograms. Depending on the individuality, a person on this diet might experience weakness, decreased concentration, and a feeling of being light-headed.
Table of Contents
Pros (Advantages) of the Cabbage Soup Diet
As any other diet, the Cabbage Soup Diet is able to boast some advantages compared to other diets, namely:
- The diet is designed for 7 days and the results will be noticed immediately, so this diet is a perfect solution if you need to lose some of your weight very rapidly;
- The diet allows you to eat as much as you want, yet only the products from the list of the allowed ones (see the menu below);
- Cabbage alone is extremely useful since it contains a large amount of such substances like vitamin C, fiber and antioxidants. That is the goal of the diet: let your body receive a lot of fibers while shedding fats. A bit of detoxification is a pleasant bonus for your body;
- The ingredients are cheap and easy to find, so you will face no problems regarding this matter.
Cons (Disadvantages) of the Cabbage Soup Diet
Unfortunately, this diet does not come without drawbacks:
- Many people claim that being on this diet means losing more water than fat, which makes you gain the weight back once you have returned to your normal diet;
- The fact that the diet does not include any protein products means that you will lose a large share of your muscles;
- While consuming that fewer number of calories, you may experience dizziness, headache, or a lack of energy;
- The diet cannot last longer than 7 days, no matter how much you want to lose weight; otherwise, it will rather harm your body than help
Indeed, many nutritionists stress that sticking to this diet deprives the body of the important elements like proteins, healthy fats, and vitamins B. They recommended that, even if you have made up your mind to give this diet a go, you should include into your diet menu rye bread and some supplements of proteins.
The Soup’s Recipe
In order to cook the cabbage soup for your diet, you will need the following ingredients:
- Two diced green peppers;
- Six chopped big onions;
- Three sliced carrots;
- Two tomato cans (they can be either whole or diced);
- 250 grams of sliced mushrooms;
- Half head of chopped cabbage;
- A bunch of chopped celery;
- A package of soup mix with dry onion;
- You can also add like bouillon cubes (one or two), pepper, salt, mixed herbs, or curry powder. Add enough of these ingredients into the soup according to your taste.
The cooking instructions are the following:
- In the first place, take a big pot and place all of the onions, which have been previously chopped, there. Then, utilize a spray oil and give a quick fry to the onions.
- Then, place there the pieces of green pepper and give it one minute for heating.
- Add the following ingredients to the pot: the mushrooms, celery, carrots (sliced), and cabbage leaves (chopped).
- Strew the seasonings a bit (how much is up to you), namely curry powder and cayenne pepper.
- Then, fill the pot with water (12 cups) and add the bouillon cubes.
- Cook it on a medium heat till the dish is ready. You will see that the vegetables became soft and the soup has a right consistency.
The 7-Day Meal Plan for the Cabbage Soup Diet
Unlike other diets, the Cabbage Soup Diet gives you pretty much of a freedom what to eat. Indeed, you will consume much fewer calories than usual anyway, but you are typically not limited by the number of certain foods. Let’s have a close look at it.
- Day 1. Start the diet by eating the cabbage soup and any fruits you want (bananas are excluded, though). If you want to drink something apart from water, you can opt to drink cranberry juice or a tea without sugar.
- Day 2. At this point, you start eating all the vegetables you want (no matter whether they are cooked, raw, or fresh). Yet, it would be better if you give preference to green and leafy vegetables instead of peas, beans, and corn. This all, indeed, should be combined with eating the soup. No fruits for the second day. At the end of the day, you can eat a large baked potato along with a bit of butter.
- Day 3. On the third day, you can eat the soup as well as both fruits and vegetables. Yet, forget about the baked potato you have eaten on the second day.
- Day 4. On this day, you can introduce skim milk and bananas in your diet. Even though the number of bananas is limited to 8, drink any amount of skim milk. Also, don’t forget about the soup. Other fruits and vegetables are prohibited on this day.
- Day 5. This day is the day of tomatoes and beef. Prepare six fresh tomatoes and around 300 grams of beef and eat it throughout the day. Also, eat the cabbage soup at least one time throughout the day.
- Day 6. On this day, eat beef and vegetables to the top of your bent. You are even able to take several stakes cooked with green vegetables. Once again, at least one serving of the soup per day.
- Day 7. You close your diet with at least one serving of soup as well as vegetables, brown rice, and fruit juices without sugar.
Tips for the Dieters
Here are some recommendations, by following which you can ensure that the diet will be successful for you:
- Stick to the meal plan at any cost;
- Drink more than 4 glasses of water per day;
- Eat a lot of soups every day – the lesser number of soups you eat, the less weight you will lose.
- The diet is designed to last NO MORE than 7 days, no matter how strong your craving for a better figure is.
Video About Cabbage Soup Diet
Other Recommended Diets
- Alkaline Diet Step by Step
- Detox Diet step by step
- Garcinia Diet step by step
- Grapefruit Diet step by step
- Lemonade Diet step by step
- Mediterranean Diet step by step
- Pineapple Diet step by step
- Scarsdale Diet step by step
- Vegan Diet step by step
- Water Diet step by step