Garcinia Cambogia is a fruit that can be found growing in South Asia and that looks somewhat similar to pumpkin, but appears to be much smaller. In the 1970s, the wave of advocates of the Garcinia Cambogia Diet appeared, since the doctors in the late 1960s had found that this sweet, tropical fruit contains an acid highly similar to those citric acids that we can find in lemons, limes and oranges. Nowadays, the popularity of this diet has surged again, and there are not many people who do not know about the word “Garcinia” at this point. Yet, how essentially this diet works and is anyone able to benefit from it?
Table of Contents
Essentials of the Garcinia Cambogia Diet
So, the acid that has been already mentioned is contained in the skin of this fruit, from which it is being extracted and getting used for making extracts that people use nowadays. These extracts contain the Hydroxycitric acid, which is also simply called HCA.
When examining the effect of the fruit on animals after they had eaten it, the scientists found that this fruit caused in them a weight loss effect, which was later proven to be true by other studies. So, this is the first function of this fruit: facilitating the weight loss. By a large number of medical researches, it was found that the HCA blocks a part of citrate lyase, an enzyme that turns the starches and sugars your body receives into fat. This way, a large share of the carbohydrates that your body receives are used for the production of energy, but not stored as fat, which makes it to burn the existing storages of fat.
The second function of the HCA, which is, without any doubt, not less useful, is its ability to curb the appetite. Yes, you are not wrong: by consuming the extract that contains the HCA, your cravings will be not as strong as you could usually experience when sticking to a diet.
Recommendations for Garcinia Cambogia Dieting
This extract that contains the HCA is not a magic pot, and you will have to make much of an effort in order to lose some of your weight and achieve the desired results. So, here are some of the suggestions you may typically hear from your nutritionist and other specialists, and it is better for you to stick to them while following the Garcinia Cambogia Diet:
- Start eating healthy food and get used to exercise. Indeed, all this is not solely about a single supplement, but about a complex diet, and you will see the products you have to avoid and to eat below. Yet, you must start being more active and do at least some exercises every day, slightly accelerating the rate and complexity of your physical exercises.
- While taking the HCA extract, do not eat high-hiber products. This recommendation is caused by a simple fact that high-fiber products block the effects of the HCA. Since you have to take the HCA extract somewhat between 30 and 60 before a meal, you should somehow satisfy the need for high-fiber products some hours after the meal.
- Be aware of the side-effects and risks of following the Garcinia Cambogia Diet. It has been reported that following this diet has caused in some people such effects like diarrhea, upset stomach, headache, dry mouth, and dizziness.
- Be aware of how the HCA extract interacts with medicines, if you take any. It has been often reported that Garcinia Cambogia has a poor interaction with medicines, so try not to take either of those at the same time.
- Make sure you are taking the correct dose of the HCA extract. In particular, read the instructions and consult your nutritionist. It is typically believed that the daily dosage of the supplement should be around 1,500 mg a day.
- You may opt to take Garcinia Cambogia as a pill. If you prefer this option, it will be easier for you to assess the daily dose. Take it 30-60 minutes before a meal.
- Also, there is a liquid type of Garcinia Cambogia. If you opt this, get one or two drops of it 15 minutes before a meal.
- It is necessary to reduce the calorie intake. And, of course, for you it will be easier to do with the help of the HCA effect. Together with your nutritionist, assess how many calories you need per day. Typically, it should be somewhat between 1,700 and 2,200 calories (lower for women, higher for men), though it depends on the individuality.
Products You Must Avoid
A great advantage of this diet is that you do not need to be restricted too much from some products. Indeed, you must avoid high-calorie products as otherwise the diet does not make sense, and it is better to avoid the following foods: sauces, starchy pastas, potatoes, sweets, breads, fried foods, oily salad dressings, high-fiber products, fatty and sugary foods (like bacon, pies, cakes, dips and chips, fast food, chocolate, candies, and mayonnaise).
Products You Must Eat
In order to reach the desired results while following the Garcinia Cambogia Diet, you should include mostly low-calorie foods. At the same time, you are almost not limited in the selection of foods – in comparison to other diets, at least. Just you must be within the limits of a daily calorie intake that have been set, and that’s it.
For your breakfast, for example, you may choose one of the following foods: a fat-free yogurt, Melba toast, oatmeal, assorted fruits, or cottage cheese. On the other hand, the following meals will be great for your lunch or dinner: nuts, dried fruits, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, kale, leafy green salad, lean beef, chicken, turkey. As you can see, you are still able to relish in some of your favorite dishes while seeing your weight being reduced.
Can I have a snack when taking a drop of the HCA extract?
No, Garcinia Cambogia – no matter whether in pills or drops – should be taken on the empty stomach.
Do I need to look the supplement of which company I am buying?
Of course, you have to. And you should pay your attention not only to the brand of the company, but also whether the supplement contains magnesium (Mg) and potassium (K). Though, it would be even better if the supplement can boast a low content of lactone.
Other Recommended Diets
- Low Carb Diet step by step
- Mediterranean Diet step by step
- Paleo Diet step by step
- Pineapple Diet step by step
- Scarsdale Diet step by step
- Vegan Diet step by step
- Water Diet step by step